Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Twice Promised (The Blue Willow Brides #2) by Maggie Brendan (Review)




Seeing how successful her older sister's "mail order marriage" has been and longing to strike out on her own, Greta Olsen answers an ad for a mail order bride in Central City, Colorado. But when she meets Jess Gifford, owner of a thriving mercantile, she begins to harbor doubts. He didn't place the ad to begin with and his business in a busy mining town leaves him little time or energy for love. To compound her troubles, she was not the only bride to answer the ad! Will either bride strike the match she hopes for?

Filled with amusing and awkward situations that will keep the reader interested and guessing, "Twice Promised "is another sweet romance from Maggie Brendan.



I GIVE THIS BOOK: 1 star


MY THOUGHTS:
The writing on this book was all right, not great or good just all right, but the reason I'm giving it such a low rating is the characters were just horrible! For a book sold in the Christian fiction genre the way the characters behaved was so opposite of that and there were no repercussions for it. What happened may have been meant to be amusing, but I just found it sickening and very unbelievable. Any shred of respect I had for the characters in the beginning was gone and I just couldn't wait to be done with the book. I can't really say what the reason was without giving away key details and, in case you plan on ignoring my review and reading it anyway, I don't want to spoil it for you. However, if you'd like to know what it is just ask me and I'll let you know.

I don't recommend Twice Promised at all!

If you found this review helpful, will you please click yes HERE. Thanks!


Blogaholic Designs”=

No comments:

Post a Comment