Tuesday, November 15, 2011

2012 Reading Challenges

2012 New Authors Challenge
January 1, 2012- December 31, 2012
Hosted by: Literary Escapism



I am choosing to read 15 new authors.

If you would like to participate in this challenge, visit Literary Escapism and sign-up.
I will post my progress HERE.



2012 Christian Suspense Reading Challenge
January 1, 2012- December 31, 2012
Hosted by: Christian Bookshelf Reviews

I am choosing level two: Sergeant - 10 to 15 Christian Suspense books.

If you would like to participate in this challenge, visit Christian Bookshelf Reviews and sign-up.
I will post my progress HERE.





2012 Young Adult Reading Challenge
January 1, 2012- December 31, 2012
Hosted by: The Eclectic Bookshelf

I am choosing level one: The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.


If you would like to participate in this challenge, visit The Eclectic Bookshelf and sign-up.
I will post my progress HERE.




2012 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
2012 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
January 1, 2012- December 31, 2012
Hosted by: The Book Vixen

I am choosing level two: Out of breath – Read 6–10 more books.


If you would like to participate in this challenge, visit The Book Vixen and sign-up.
I will post my progress HERE.

2012 Ebook Challenge
January 1, 2012- December 31, 2012
Hosted by: Workaday Reads

I am choosing level two: CD - 10 ebooks.

If you would like to participate in this challenge, visit Workaday Reads and sign-up.
I will post my progress HERE.


2012 Mount TBR Reading Challenge
January 1, 2012- December 31, 2012
Hosted by: My Reader's Block

I am choosing level one: Pike's Peak - 12 books.

If you would like to participate in this challenge, visit My Reader's Block and sign-up.
I will post my progress HERE.

2012 TBR Reading Challenge
January 1, 2012- December 31, 2012
Hosted by: Evie from Bookish and several others.

I am choosing level two: A Friendly Hug - 11 to 20 books.

If you would like to participate in this challenge, visit Bookish and sign-up.
I will post my progress HERE.

2012 A Classics Challenge
January 1, 2012- December 31, 2012
Hosted by: November's Autumn.

The Challenge:

Read seven works of Classic Literature in 2012
Only three of the seven may be re-reads


  1. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen (I LOVE this story)
  2. Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen (I have always wanted to read this one)
  3. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne (I have always wanted to read this one)
  4. Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte (I have always wanted to read this one)
  5. King Lear by William Shakespeare (Sounds interesting)
  6. The Importance of Being Ernest by Oscar Wilde (There was a movie with the same title and I loved that movie)
  7. Lorna Doone by Richard Doddridge Blackmore (Saw the movie years ago, and ever since have been wanting to read it)
If you would like to participate in this challenge, visit November's Autumn and sign-up.
I will post my progress HERE.

2012 Back To The Classics Challenge
January 1, 2012- December 31, 2012

Read one book from each category:
  • Any 19th Century Classic
  • Any 20th Century Classic
  • Reread a classic of your choice
  • A Classic Play
  • Classic Mystery/Horror/Crime Fiction
  • Classic Romance
  • Read a Classic that has been translated from its original language to your languange   - To clarify, if your native language is NOT English, you may read any classic originally written in English that has been translated into your native language.  
  • Classic Award Winner  - To clarify, the book should be a classic which has won any established literary award.  
  • Read a Classic set in a Country that you (realistically speaking) will not visit during your lifetime  - To Clarify, this does not have to be a country that you hope to visit either.  Countries that no longer exist or have never existed count.
If you would like to participate in this challenge, visit Sarah Reads Too Much and sign-up.
I will post my progress HERE.


2012 What's in a Name 5 Challenge
January 1, 2012- December 31, 2012
Hosted by: Beth Fish Reads.



Here's How It Works:

Between January 1 and December 31, 2012, read one book in each of the following categories:
  1. A book with a topographical feature (land formation) in the title: Black Hills, Purgatory Ridge, Emily of Deep Valley
  2. A book with something you'd see in the sky in the title: Moon Called, Seeing Stars, Cloud Atlas
  3. A book with a creepy crawly in the title: Little Bee, Spider Bones, The Witches of Worm
  4. A book with a type of house in the title: The Glass Castle, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Ape House
  5. A book with something you'd carry in your pocket, purse, or backpack in the title: Sarah's Key, The Scarlet Letter, Devlin Diary
  6. A book with a something you'd find on a calendar in the title: Day of the Jackal, Elegy for April, Freaky Friday, Year of Magical Thinking
If you would like to participate in this challenge, visit Beth Fish Reads and sign-up.
I will post my progress HERE.


Blogaholic Designs”=




5 comments:

  1. Welcome to What's in a Name! Hope you have fun. Looks like you picked some great challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for joining in. You've also reminded me that I need to sign up for the other Classics Challenge as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Mount TBR Challenge! The more mountain climbers the merrier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My comment on your Irish Reading Challenge post was meant to go here. lol.

    Thanks again for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for participating! Good luck and I hope you reach your goal :)

    ReplyDelete