Each day’s selection includes:
• a Bible verse
• an entry based on Jesus: His words, miracles, and parables; His wisdom, compassion, and comfort; His mystery, power, divinity, and humanity
• a “faith step” that will inspire and challenge readers to apply the day’s message to their lives
I GIVE THIS BOOK:
I had a hard time deciding on a rating for this book. I have only read about one month's worth of entries and usually like to read a book in it's entirety before I review it - though I am enjoying this book so far.
Because every day's reading only takes 2-5 minutes to read, it is obviously not an in-depth devotional. I can see for people who don't have a lot of time in the mornings how this can be a nice way to make sure you start your day off right.
Each day's reading starts with a Bible verse, then has a story from one of the authors and a "faith step" that helps you apply that day's message to your life. I personally don't like all the different versions that are used, one day it is NIV, the next KJV, then NLT - I like devotionals to use only one version as I think each version has a different view on certain passages.
Overall, I think it is a very good book to read everyday, but I don't think that it should be the only book you use for your daily devotions.
***I received a complimentary copy of this book to review. I was asked to give my honest opinion of the book - which I have done.***
- Hardcover: 312 pages
- Publisher: Guideposts (October 1, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0824945042
- ISBN-13: 978-0824945046
- Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 5.2 x 1.3 inches
- Available to purchase on Amazon
Blog tour schedule: http://litfusegroup.com/blogtours/text/13452857